Wednesday 14 February 2018

2018 - Financial position

The year 2017 ended with no property purchase again due to lack of funds and lack of good buys. I started investing in a few startups ran by good friends from KL. I have absolutely no idea what is going on with the company except that the guys running it are good businessman. I invested in the CEO and not the business.

The year 2018 started well. I decided to move to a Condo and urge E to move in as well. Renting out my HDB immediately upon moving out save me some headache, albeit to a family of bengalis. I decided to do so as the estate is upgrading toilets and its a huge mess. I better stay out during this period. I rented the place out for 1.6k

I rented a Condo at Cashew Heights for 2.3k per month. A good deal maybe... after moving in most of the stuffs, the place is kinda difficult to fit. The layout is weird and not meant to be designed for modern TV centric usage, otherwise, the space is quite good. Bought some high-end fridge and TV for the missus. I urge her to rent out her place as well. Fully furnished, should fetch her good 2k per month.

All in, 1.6 + 2 = 3.6k and deducting the rental of 2.3k, nett - 1.3k, gives us a comfortable cashflow to stay at the condo with full facilities and childcare, utilities and food.

The next purchase gotta wait... at least 2 years while mustering enough bullets to bite at the Singapore market for the "required" own place. Haiz... whats wrong with renting when the landlord gives you all the freedom to make changes / renovations. I just felt heartpain paying for the upgrades.





No comments:

Post a Comment